Well, it's 4:30am and I have a fever of 103.5 (yep so toasty and hot) so of course I have nothing better to be doing than blogging, I can't sleep- my back hurts and my throat hurts :-P You may be thinking, "girl you need some medication..." oh wait I'm already on antibiotics! Grrr.... Well enough about me let me update you on my darling boy!
Jackson is almost 6 1/2 months now! He's 16lb 5oz (almost 10lbs more than his birth weight and over 10lbs more than his going home weight of 5lb 14oz) He's also currently 26.25 inches long!! I am amazed at how tall he's getting he's in the 40th precentile for ht and the 27th for weight.
Dan has declaired that he LOVES this age! (I like all of them but I do miss my newborn sometimes). I think the fact that Jackson smiles huge grins at his Daddy when Daddy comes home from work is what has won him over. Dan can't get enough of that grin.
We've started Jackson on other baby foods now (besides oatmeal)- Sweet potatoes, bananas, apple sauce (doesn't seem to like the apple sauce and he won't eat the foods by themselves (pardon my spelling- remember my brain is being cooked rightnow) they have to be mixed with his oatmeal. We are also giving him pieces of graham crackers and animal crackers and he seems to like them sometimes. I've been making our baby food which has been a lot of fun (though Jackson HATES the blender sound, he also now HATES the vaccum, oh well).
No forward movement yet, only backward scootches still though he can manuver quite well around the bathtub in a forward motion while sitting (I think he can't figure out why it won't work on the carpet).
No teeth either, just LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of drooling!!!!!! We must go through 2 bibs a day with drooling not to mention eating (speaking of eating I forgot to mention that Dan refuses to feed Jackson- I think the trauma with the rice cereal scared him off, that and he thinks feeding the baby is way too messy :-) ).
Jackson will finally roll from front to back (he's been doing back to front only for months) what a relief that is for Mommy! (I tend to worry alot- like is he still breathing at night, etc- Nurses sometimes know too much!).
I will post pictures later because they are on the other computer. I am starting to ramble and forget what I am saying so I think I must try to go back to bed and maybe break this fever. Sigh...
The Post in Which I Step on Toes
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment